Born and raised in Tallahassee, Chris received his undergraduate degree in Actuarial Mathematics from Florida State University. After graduation, Chris worked as an actuarial analyst for the Department of Financial Services in Tallahassee, and later as an assistant actuary for Allstate Financial in Jacksonville. After attaining a second degree (in Political Science) at the University of South Florida in Tampa, Chris returned to Tallahassee for law school, earning his law degree (with honors) from the College of Law at Florida State University.
Chris is very active in the Tallahassee legal community. He is serving as President of the Board of Directors for the Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar Association in 2015-16, and is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Tallahassee Bar Association.
Chris concentrates primarily in the areas of Employment Law (including discrimination, wrongful termination, and unpaid wages), Personal Injury, and Appeals (civil and criminal).
- 2011: J.D., Florida State University, with Honors
- Florida State Law Review, Writing & Research Editor
- Legal Writing Teaching Assistant for Prof. Patricia Matthews
- Research Assistant for Dean Curtis Bridgeman
- 2008: B.A., Political Science, University of South Florida
- 2000: B.S., Actuarial Mathematics, Florida State University
Prior Professional Experience
- 2011-2012: Associate Attorney, Theriaque & Spain
- 2010: Judicial Intern for the Honorable T. Kent Wetherell, II, Florida First District Court of Appeal
- Board of Directors, Legal Aid Foundation of the Tallahassee Bar Association, 2013-Present
- President, 2015-16
- Vice-President/President-Elect, 2014-15
- Board of Directors, Tallahassee Bar Association, 2015-present
- Florida Bar, section on General Practice Solo and Small Firm, and Young Lawyers Division